Friday, November 26, 2004

It's all about Who?

Father, I adore You
Lay my life before You
How I love You

Jesus, I adore You
Lay my life before You
How I love You

Spirit, I adore You
Lay my life before You
How I love You

Three in One, I adore You
Lay my life before You
How I love You



HOW I love You ... how do I love God? With my words, both to Him and about Him ... and even just throughout the day. I love Him with my heart, when everything about me is telling me to leave Him - but I don't. I love him with my attitude, when it's a good one.

How I love You ... it's not so much about Joe, Martha, Billy, or the joyful girl down the road loving Jesus; it's about me loving Him. Do I?

How I love You ... it's not about liking God; thinking He's cool when all's well. It's not about an emotion that builds up inside of me when I sing songs to Him. It's about the commitment.

How I love You ... You; not me. Nothing comes before You. You say, in Your Word, that if I compare my love for my family and friends to my love for You- my love for You should shine so brightly that in comparison my love for my family seems like hatred.... Who is it about? It's all about You.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know... reading your blog is like reading from the book of Psalms... a lot of it is simply about giving praise to God and learning to love Him.

Thanks Derek!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home