Friday, November 05, 2004

Growing up

Remember when being a Christian was only as complicated as following a clown around a circus ring? All you had to do was stay in the footsteps of whoever was in front of you, and you were safe. Not too difficult. But that was then, and this is now. Then ... I was only ten years old. I had only ten years of wisdom. Now, I am eighteen. As far as the laws of Canada are concerned, I am an adult. Responsibility is taking hold of my life.

As is God. Rather than baby-feeding me, He is recognizing that I am maturing. He is allowing (forcing) me to take hold of the fork (spoon) on my own, and dig for the "why" on my own. The "why"...

Why ... is God real?
Why ... does He care about me?
Why ... does He like me?
Why ... do I chose to live for Him?

Why ... is living for God suddenly becoming so difficult? Because I ... am growing up.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Monty said...

1 Peter 4
READ IT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home