I came back..
There's an interesting story I heard approximately a year ago. It's about the pastor of a church in England. Apparently, the members of the church had become very - how do you say it - complacent. As a result, they had become self-centered and arrogant. The pastor made a unique decision: they would have no more music in the church until they were able to worship without it. Complacency would, as a result of this, disappear.I don't remember how many months later it was that Matt Redman brought back the music into that church, but afterward he wrote a song about it. God reminded me of the lyrics this morning before I left for IGA.
When the music fades, all is stripped away; and I simply come.
Longing just to bring something that's of worth; that will bless Your heart.
I'll bring You more than a song,
For a song in itself is not what You have required.
You search much deeper within,
Through the way things appear. You're looking into my heart.
I'm coming back to the heart of worship,
And it's all about You;
All about you, Jesus.
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it,
When it's all about You;
All about you, Jesus.
King of endless worth, no one could express how much You deserve.
Though I'm weak and poor, all I have is Yours - every single breath.
I'll bring You more than a song,
For a song in itself is not what you have required.
You search much deeper within,
Through the way things appear. You're looking into my heart.
I'm coming back to the heart of worship,
And it's all about You;
All about you, Jesus.
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it,
When it's all about You;
All about you, Jesus.
I've been feeling very down the past while ... wanting to remain with Jesus, but not certain if I still trust Him. or even believe in Him, for that matter. The amount of time since I felt a love for him was just too long ago. There were so many times that I could have backed out. But I never did. I always kept my love for God a choice. My choice.
When God reminded me of this song, I remembered what it was like to love Him. To trust Him. It came back to me ... and I came back to Him.

1 Comments:
Thanks Derek... I really needed to be reminded of that... *sighs* Life hasn't been easy over in my part of the world... and that helped a lot! Thanks again Derek... you're awesome :)
Post a Comment
<< Home