Tuesday, November 09, 2004

A special evening with Jesus

Something happened to me tonight, which reminded me of a fond memory. I was driving home from karate, when I saw a blue-green streak across the sky. Intrigued, I pulled over at the top of the hill where there was no 'light pollution' from the nearby town. There was no moon, no clouds, no wind. The air was fresh. Cool, but not cold.

I looked up at the sky, into the bright aurora ... it was, like, shining down on me. The rays on the left of me went to the left; on the right of me, they went to the right. And directly above me, they came ... directly down. It was as if God was telling me just how special He thought I was. In the silence, I began to sing...

Speak to me, and tell me all the things I need to know;
I want to hear You now... can You
Speak to me; I've opened up Your Word to free me
I want to hear You now.


It reminded me of an evening when myself and two friends lay on the dock, looking up into a sky just exploding with color. All dancing. All so beautiful. Except this time, it wasn't two friends, myself, and God ... this time, it was just God and myself.

Tonight, I wasn't a Christian just so that my friends could see me meet with God; tonight, I was a Christian - and I met with God. It was ... special.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Monty said...

That is very awesome Derek. I'm really glad that you're encouraged. God is so amazing, is He not? He knows exactly how to meet us, or get our attention. He's perfectly tender, and absolutly sensitive.
Thank you for sharing that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home