Tuesday, November 23, 2004

My prayers throughout the day

God, please humble me today, and teach me to rely on You.
Please help me to remember what it used to be like ... how (comparatively) close we used to be.
Help me to spend time with You more regularly.
Help me to want to spend time with You.
Help me to want to want to spend time with You.
Lord, please help me to remember that You are always here with me ... right beside me.
And cause me to rely on that fact, as I ... as we face temptations throughout the days ahead.



Psalm 119:1-6
Blessed are the undefiled in the way,
Who walk in the law of the Lord!
Blessed are those who keep His testimonies,
Who seek Him with the whole heart!
They also do no iniquity;
They walk in His ways.
You have commanded us
To keep Your precepts diligently.
Oh, that my ways were directed
To keep Your statutes!
Then I would not be ashamed,
When I look into all Your commandments...

Dear God, please help me to retain whatever purity I still have.

Psalm 119:9-11
How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.

Dear Lord, give me a desire to dig deeply into Your law! Help me to memorize it. And help me to seek You with all that I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home