Monday, November 15, 2004

Painful Experience.

I basically refreshed my mother onhow to drive a standard today ... which was interesting, because I was virtually unable to talk the ENTIRE TIME. Motioning how to swap from gas to clutch to gas again, and shifting ... she red-lined the engine once. We were climbing a steep hill, and she shifted down from fifth to fourth ... but she didn't ease up at all on the accelerator when she pushed in the clutch.... Whoops.

But anyhoo, the reason I couldn't talk was threefold: (a) I could feel neither my tongue nor entire lower jaw, (b) I had two chunks of gauze (basically just chunks of cloth specially designed to sop up blood) crammed in my mouth, and (c) I was holding two kleenex against my numb mouth, to stop me from slobbering red slime all over myself. And it's generally not a good idea to drive if you have to hold spit in your mouth with one (or both) hands. So ... my mom drove us home.

Made for an interesting morning.

So now I get to moan and groan away with the pain, as the freezing slowly leaves my mouth, and the bleeding slowly stops. It's nice to have some sympathy again. I just don't like the fact that I need it... wait - maybe I don't need it. Ah, well ... I'll enjoy it while it lasts. ;-)

Oh, yeah.. One last thing - I think it's funny when virtually the most painful part of a procedure is the part that's supposed to take away pain. *shakes his head* Dumb needles.

4 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my... sounds like quite the day... Glad to hear you're alive!!! :) I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for your mouth! :)

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Sari said...

Good gravy. I hope you feel better soon! Thank you for reminding me why I hate the dentist. And to think I'd almost convinced myself to do the braces thang.... =oP

No more! Dentists are there solely for the purpose of torturing poor innocent souls.

Pah! Never getting wisdom teeth pulled!

On a side note, did you know that the profession with the highest rate of suicides is dentistry? Imagine that. 'o)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger D-Rock said...

*laughs* That's funny... :)

Poor dentists; nobody likes them...

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Sari said...

I laughed when I heard about the dentist/suicide or depression thing too... I've heard it more than once though, so there must be some truth in it. And it doesn't surprise me one bit. =op

*spent 2 hours in the dentist's chair having a tooth dug out when she was 10* I have no intention of repeating that experience!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home