Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Where have all my friends gone?

I remember a time when
       we were
tight, like bolt and nut
Rusted together; Unseparable.
       We were
unified, all supporting each other
when life turned harsh and
faith was ...
E   x   h   a   u   s   t   e   d.

Where did it go?

The threefold cord, which
    (according to Ecclesiastes 4)
is NOT QUICKLY BROKEN
has become
?unw
           wou
                    und?

Together, we were strong.
       We were.
What now? I dread
                                 ..the
                                   ...answer.


Two are better than one,
     Because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
     But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
     For he has no one to help him up.
Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
     But how can one be warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
     And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
           ~Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

2 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I find this quite inspiring. I've always loved that verse. We cannot survive on our own. We need others... we need accountability.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Sari said...

Wow... good post... I hear you on that one... what happened? ... actually, there's a post with that sort of idea on my blog too... only yours is more poetic! 'oD =o)

If you need an ear, though, feel free to drop me a line.. I always love getting to know people. =o) *grins* I suppose especially those who caon relate!

There's a mailto link on my blog, and that's my msn too.. sometimes I think I'm ridiculously happy when I get to chat with people =o/ worries me somewhat.
I guess the ultimate thing is, to keep trying to hang on to God.. even when it seems like just by a thread.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home