Friday, December 03, 2004

Job's encouragement

Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. And he said:

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
And naked shall I return there.
The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the LORD."

In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.



I'm not sure what did it, but something reminded me of this passage (Job 1:20-22), the day I got my teeth fixed. When things went wrong for Job, he was still able to worship and praise God. And he never charged God with wrong. Can I do the same, with my comparatively small troubles?

I will certainly try.

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Monty said...

Beautiful Derek... thanks for sharing. Honest... and humble. You're an encouragement.

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Derek... that was very encouraging... I find myself feeling some what pessimistic about a lot of things these days... and that was a good reminder!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home