Saturday, April 01, 2006

*blank in space*

Wow. Long day. Very tired.

Think.......

Sleep began last night at 1:30 in the morning, and my brain was busy figuring out income tax information before then. Sleep lasted until 7 hours ... apparently my alarm clock failed to wake me after 6.5. Drove to Dawson Creek ... 1.5 hours behind the wheel. Arrived at the dentist's office around 11:15, and had my check up. Received the bad news of two new cavities. Unfortunately, one has been festering for some time now.

Drive home ended at around 2:00 pm, after which I read for 2 hours and played Ultimate Frisbee (the snow is gone enough to run on brown grass and puddles!!! YAAAA!) until supper at 5 pm.

When I finished eating I went outside and began my incessant search for (a) axle stands, (b) an oil drain pan, and (c) a place to change my oil (puddle-less, preferably). hee....hee....

Execute: "fun.exe" (for all you nerds out there)

I started with a 14-mm wrench in one hand, two ice cream buckets in the other, and my car parked with my two front tires spanning the largest non-puddle "valley": about 10 inches of crawl space. Or slide space. I finished with a shower.

The drain bolt came out with ease, but the oil poured a bit faster than I expected. Luckily, only my hand took that one. I slid backward beneath the engine until only my legs were visible. I reached up behind the engine, grabbed the oil filter, and turned it.

Execute: "oilfilteriswaytoofreakingTIGHT.exe"

Half an hour later, I went on a search for assistance. The filter wrench I attained was too large; the second pair of hands I borrowed were also too weak. Finally a screwdriver stabbed through the filter, used as a lever, turned the stupid thing. By then it was 8:00 pm. Getting darker. I crawled beneath the car again, to receive the filter.........

I dislike the sensation of oil pouring down my arm.

The friend I comindeered to assist me had a flashlight handy, which helped in the installation of my new filter. Bonus: I have a new flashlight. He let me keep it to finish the job. Said it only cost him a dollar. I told him thank you.

At 8:30 pm, my arms, hands, legs, neck, and most of the rest of me was filthy and exhausted. I went back to my room and took a shower. I threw stuff in the laundry. Good thinking, I think. Hopefully the oil comes out of my jacket.

Execute: "sleep.exe"

1 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like having the right tools eh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home