Thursday, January 05, 2006

Reviewing the Messes

Falling, bouncing, thump and beat,
Kicking, dropping; hands and feet.
Glee and joy and oh such fun!
So crisp and sharp - sounds of my drum.

Simple is such fun to play
When learning on this simple day.
I learn more, which makes me glad;
I-can-then do more, and sound oh-so-very rad!

Complicated music schemes more brighten up my mood;
Drum beat that I drum right now is anything but crude.
Smile my way, as if to say, "a joy to hear you, man!"
Joy more mine: I'm fortunate that I play with this band.

The Leader, see, He took me in when I would still confuse
A tom with snare - "that drum goes where?" - and I could barely move!
He practiced with me every day - slowed down 'till I could catch
The beat, the time, the roll, the chime - He helped me beat my match.

So now I play in the light of day, and others love to hear me.
No drum more fine ever has been mine - I play it effortlessly.
And now I think, "with it on the brink - the final grand old chorus,
I'll play real loud to impress the crowd, so they don't say, 'you bore us!'"

So I played extra hard with the timing all a-marred,
hoping to make their joy fuller,
But my hoax was displayed, when first, they replayed
the first verse - silent and sober.
Oh, I winced at the clash, for it sure sounded brash;
my bright eyes, they dropped to the floor;
Then I did what I could to retrieve and make good
that poor song, perfect no more.

The mistake that I made was not made out of hate;
I thought it would better the song.
I made the mistake of remembering too late
the true plans - so I planned it wrong.
You see, I forgot that the drumming is not
all about putting on a grand show,
But doing your best after practice. The rest,
it should follow the plans, you know.

Regaining the trust of my band has been hard,
and I know it won't come instantly,
But all I can say is I'm thankful for the way
that, no matter what happens, they’ve kept me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home