is it really worth it..?
I watched the choreograph of a song today ... Thank You for Giving to the Lord, written by Ray Boltz. Very powerful song. And after a message preached (by Gareth Bolton) on ministering to people overseas. Not on 'going' ... but on 'sending.' Our roles back at home, in prayer, in communication, in financial support.He commented on what it was like to serve God for one's entire life. How it's difficult when people tell you not to go ... yet you feel God calling you. How it's so often hard, financially speaking. And how it is so often so lonely ... missing family back at home, feeling out of place, etc. And as I watched this song, choreographed by Gareth's wife, I found myself wishing that I could experience these difficulties too. (Phil. 1:29) Then I realized: I already have!
In camping ministry, it's hard when people are told by their friends not to come and serve. It's hard when finances are low, and huge finances have to be made. It's hard when you feel lonely ... separated from your friends and family back at home. I have felt these emotions. And my heart broke at the words of this song, as I realized how much more I could have done serving God right where I grew up! And I felt contentment that, no matter where God sends me in this life, I will go.
"I want to know that the one life I have lived has counted for eternity."
-Gareth Bolton
Thank You for Giving to the Lord
by Ray Boltz
I dreamed I went to Heaven, you were there with me.
We walked upon the streets of gold beside the Crystal Sea.
We heard the angels singing, then someone called your name.
You turned and saw this young man, and he was smiling as he came.
He said, "Friend you may not know me now," and then he said, "But wait -
You used to teach my Sunday School, when I was only eight.
And every week you would say a prayer before the class would start.
And one day when you said that prayer,
I asked Jesus in my heart."
"Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am so glad you gave."
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am so glad you gave."
Then another man stood before you, he said "Remember the time,
A missionary came to your church, His pictures made you cry.
You didn't have much money but you gave it anyway.
Jesus took that gift you gave
And that's why I'm in Heaven today"
"Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am so glad you gave."
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am so glad you gave."
One by one they came, far as your eyes could see.
Each life somehow touched by your generosity.
Little things that you had done, sacrifices that you made,
They were unnoticed on this earth
In Heaven now proclaimed.
And I know up in Heaven you're not supposed to cry
But I am almost sure there were tears in your eyes
As Jesus took your hand and you stood before the Lord
He said "My child look around you,
Great is your reward."
"Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am so glad you gave."
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am so glad you gave."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home