Friday, July 01, 2005

Three Hours of Prayer

God, where are you? Why does it feel like You've just abandoned me yet again?

Why do you feel that way, my child? I said I would never leave you nor forsake you (Joshua 1:7).

But You aren't here with me right now ... at least, I don't feel like You are.

I am with you. You miss me not because I've forsaken you, but because you have left Me. Come back to me. Humble yourself in My sight, and then I will lift you up (James 4:10).

But ... how can I be sure Your word really counts? How do I know You're not just toying with my head? Where can I get this faith? Help me to believe in You.

You want faith? I've told you before: faith comes by hearing. You'll learn to hear as you listen to what I say (Romans 10:17)

Just show me a sign, God ... anything ... and I'll believe again. Some miracle that couldn't be explained without You in the picture.

I never said that faith comes by seeing; read the verse again. And with respect to the sign ... look around you. Does that tree not suffice? What about its flowers? If those miracles aren't good enough signs, then nothing will be (Matthew 12:39).

Then speak to me. Anything ... just give me some faith, so I can be an example to others.

You want to be an example to others. Then be an example. I will provide your faith as you need it. But be an example regardless; for without works, faith is dead (James 2:17). You improve your works. I'll supply your faith.

You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
    Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God...
    Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
    Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
        ~James 4:2-4, 7-10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home