Socks and Bare Feet
With the past two comments, thanks to Ivan and Jeff, I've gained a bit of insight into the answer of my previous blog's question. Why does God bless me more than another? Because He wants to see how wisely I can use what I have to help others who are less fortunate.I learned something this past summer, which I've failed to relate to this predicament. I learned that God is incapable of giving us bad things. Now, I know this sounds strange, since bad things do happen, but let me explain. He doesn't give us bad things; He takes away the good things we have.
I see socks to be a good analogy: clean socks represent good things in our lives, and dirty socks represent the bad. God doesn't have any dirty ... any bad socks to give us; all He can do is take away the clean socks we have. He does this several ways; He may take away our good health, our parents, our happiness. He doesn't give us poor health, an absence of parents, or sorrow; for that would be giving us dirty socks.
So God doesn't want me to wonder why He gives me clean socks and another person dirty socks, because He doesn't give out dirty socks. I just have some more clean socks than others ... and God wants me to share. He wants me to give my extra clean warm socks to others with cold bare feet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home