When unity is lost..

No, this picture isn't one of me or of anybody I know. It's just one of the few pictures of its kind I could find on the internet. It's a shame there are so few. Isn't it beautiful?
Prayer meetings with buddies are such great things. One of my most treasured memories of chapel prep at Camp Sagitawa ... standing behind the stage, as the kids raced through the doors; huddled with buddies, praying. Relationships, especially those that are Christ-centered, are something I treasure. It tears people up when things go wrong..
I have a serious concern to bring up with you, my friends, using the authority of Jesus, our Master. I'll put it as urgently as I can: You must get along with each other. You must learn to be considerate of one another, cultivating a life in common."
      ~1 Corinthians 1:10
Run away from infantile indulgence. Run after mature righteousness--faith, love, peace--joining those who are in honest and serious prayer before God. Refuse to get involved in inane discussions; they always end up in fights. God's servant must not be argumentative, but a gentle listener and a teacher who keeps cool, working firmly but patiently with those who refuse to obey. You never know how or when God might sober them up with a change of heart and a turning to the truth, enabling them to escape the Devil's trap, where they are caught and held captive, forced to run his errands.
      ~2 Timothy 2:22-26, The Message
Why do Christian Churches grow, so easily, deaf to these verses?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home