Saturday, February 12, 2005

Wow. God is so cool.

Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements? Surely you know!
      ...Or who shut in the sea with doors, when it burst forth and issued from the womb ... when I said, This far you may come, but no farther, and here your proud waves must stop!
      ...Have you entered the springs of the sea? Or have you walked in search of the depths? Have the gates of death been revealed to you? Or have you seen the doors of the shadow of death? Have you comprehended the breadth of the earth? Tell Me, if you know all this.
      ...Have you entered the treasury of snow, or have you seen the treasury of hail, which I have reserved for the time of trouble, for the day of battle and war?
      ...Who has put wisdom in the mind? Or who has given understanding to the heart?
      ...Who provides food for the raven, when its young ones cry to God, and wander about for lack of food?
          ~Job 38:4-5a, 8, 10-11, 16-18, 22-23, 36, 41


Whoa. That's pretty amazing. It gets even better, although I think I'll save that for another post. :)

God rebukes Job ... I guess for his pride. As I stated in my previous post, Elihu's anger was aroused against Job "because he justified himself rather than God." Now, God is saying the same thing: "Why are you justifying yourself, Job? And why are you focusing on this problem? or don't you know just how small of a problem it really is? Can you wrap your mind around the things I oversee, day in and day out? And above all, do you trust Me?"

I guess that's what it comes down to: do we trust God? Not, do we trust Him to do what we want, or even "what's best for me" ... but - do I trust Him, period?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home