Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I tell ya - the meaning of life is not 42%.

Today has been math. The past week has been math. The past month, for that matter, has been math. Whenever I'm not eating, sleeping, or working ... I'm doing my math. Well, give or take a few hours a day for rest and recuperation. Which I've so desperately needed. It's been crazy.

Today I got to work through probabilities. I don't have the slightest clue of what to do with most of that stuff. And it gets better - one of my teachers came over for a visit today, and even she couldn't figure it out!! I tell ya, that's what's wrong with the world today: we're too busy figuring out what might be, and not worrying enough about what is.

Here's one small example of the insanity:

One of the questions came across with something like, "The probability that Bob likes spaghetti with meatballs is 42%. If the probability that he likes spaghetti is 20%, find the probability that he likes meatballs." Oh, come on! Ask Bob what food he likes or doesn't like, get on with life, and let poor Bob do the same! I mean, the suspense is killing me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home