So help me ... please?
Bombarded by philosophies that satisfy the surface,I flee to something deeper, at the risk of seeking purpose.
How can I hang in this environmental state of being
When everything I’m striving for is nothing that I’m seeing?
Won’t You take my heart, won’t You take my soul,
Won’t You come and make me whole again.
You, You’ve got what I need and You never retreat,
Unto you I will concede.
So help me God
To put my faith in You;
So help me God
Before I come unglued.
Call it my addiction-
I can’t get enough of You.
So help me God
To put my faith in You.
Infected by the skin I’m in that's starving with desire,
And Jesus ain’t the latest thing to come across the wire.
I throw myself in mercy for I am the chief of sinners,
But daily taking up my cross has brought it’s share of splinters.
You’re there when I call and You’re there when I fall,
Even though I don’t deserve it all.
You, You light my way through the night and the day
And from you I will not stray.
God so help me,
This is my soul's plea.
I’m desperately devoted,
I can’t get enough of You.
So help me God
Cause You are the one I love..
Cause You are the one I need..
Cause You are the one I’m seeking..
Cause You are the one for me..
         ~DC Talk
I love that song. All I want is to love God more ... to get more of Him. Simply being a Christian on the surface isn't enough ... I want more of God. And then even more. Please?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home