Saturday, December 18, 2004

Holy cow! Holy cheeze! Holy hormones!!

Hormones are great fun. I see a girl, she's cool. I get to know her a little bit, she becomes a friend. But sometimes my hormones kick in and do their thing, and.. WHOA!! Wow. I like her. hehe.. 8-] Of course, this does not always exit my oral cavity in auditory vibrations.. but as any guy knows - I'm thinking it. And then ... out pop my machine gun heart rate, cherry cheeks and two left feet.

A couple of years back, I talked to a girl about my crush on her. It was my first and only crush at the time. Nothing progressed beyond friendship (not that I wanted it to), but it was an interesting conversation. I'd never talked to a girl about that sort of thing before. Since then, my hormones have kicked in numerous times, but I've never talked to a girl about it. I've never wanted anything more than frienship with any of them. I knew I wasn't ready. I'm still not.

But one of David's posts struck me a funny way a long while after I'd read it. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of "...I don't need a girl yet. God is my perfect lover."

I got to thinking about that ... God wants me to fall in love with Him. So why haven't I been doing that lately? Why isn't God my perfect lover? Have my crushes on girls have been getting in the way? What would it be like if my hormones kicked in when I thought about spending time in the Bible? WHOA!! WOW. I like this! hehe.. 8-]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home