Thursday, January 20, 2005

Wake up ... oh please wake up.

The sea's overtaken a fire:
Men giving into their own desires
The world wrapped up in itself,
Not even noticing truly what is wealth
And I don't know what to do
And I'm waiting for You

Wake up O sleeper, rise from the dead
And Christ will shine on you
Lay there no longer; it's time to arise
And never go back through

Scared of the thoughts, the way you're in
Wanting to get out of this sin
You look around and just feel walls
And can't get out of this eternal crawl
And I don't know what to do
And I'm waiting for You

Wake up O sleeper, rise from the dead
And Christ will shine on you
Lay there no longer; it's time to arise
And never go back through.
       ~Everyday Sunday, "Sleeper"


The pictures ... the walls ... sleeping, crawling ... it's all so vivid still in my mind, frame by frame - like a movie I'm seeing for the zillionth time. This song describes me so clearly. The sins of my teenage years ... yet, it also illustrates how distant God has seemed lately. How so few things I've done have seemed to bring me back to Him. God, please wake me up. Help my eyes to open again, so I can see Your face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home