God was, and is, justified.
Interesting ... perhaps an answer to the question I posted earlier today (see below) lies in chapter 32.So these three men ceased answering Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes. Then the wrath of Elihu, the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram, was aroused against Job; his wrath was aroused because he justified himself rather than God. Also against his three friends his wrath was aroused, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job.
      ~Job 32:1-3.
That's intriguing - Job had justified himself rather than God. He had been saying "I haven't done anything wrong," when he should have been saying, "God hasn't done anything wrong." Of course, Elihu was also perturbed at his other three friends, because they had condemned Job without knowing the details. These three men had been saying, "Job, you've done something wrong," when they should have searched out the facts.
I've never thought of it that way before: when it comes to explaining God's "behavior," it's not about what I've done (or haven't done) to deserve it. The fact still remains: God is justified no matter what. He doesn't make errors.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home