Saturday, February 12, 2005

Thousand Foot Krutch ~ "When in Doubt"

We sat upon your bed; you said the things you said,
And I cannot believe that you seemed so naive.
We exchanged our poetry; you seemed to think a lot like me
I guess I'll just assume that we can talk about most anything.

Then I asked, "have you ever felt abandoned?
Felt so lost, that you were stranded?
Just like all the walls were closing in and you were left inside?
Have you ever felt like your days were numbered;
Stuck under a tree in thunder;
Seems to be no way out..? but there is one, when in doubt!"

Ready for another day; slowly watch it waste away.
Having fun, being cool, like we did in high school.
Elementary romance, feeling nervous at the dance;
Crack a smile, hold it down, whatever the circumstance.
Sex, drugs, hadda be cool: all the things we learned in school.
'Typical teenage machines': anyone tell me what this means?
I can learn; I can try; never really had an alabi-
Wish I did; that's no lie. Everybody's asking

Why?
When you feel like you can't fly,
Gotta know I got the answer for ya baby;
Drives you crazy; it's not over-
So much more to life than this.

Things seem so hallucinary in the corners of my mind;
They scare me.
I know you never meant to desert me,
Just like you never really meant to hurt me.

Then I asked, "have you ever felt abandoned?
Felt so lost, that you were stranded?
Just like all the walls were closing in and you were left inside?
Have you ever felt like your days were numbered;
Stuck under a tree in thunder;
Seems to be no way out..? but there is one, when in doubt!"

And you ask why,
When you feel like you can't fly.
Gotta know I got the answer for ya baby;
Drives you crazy; it's not over-
So much more to life than this.

So much more to life than this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home