Saturday, April 30, 2005

New Meanings

Psalm 23, "The Message"

GOD, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.

Even when the way goes through
Death Valley,
I'm not afraid
when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook
makes me feel secure.

You serve me a six-course dinner
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.

Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of GOD
for the rest of my life.


God will make a way
where there seems to be no way.
He works inways we cannot see;
He will make a way for me.

He will be my guide,
Hold me closely to His side,
With love and strength
For each new day.
He will make a way.
He will make a way.

~ by Don Moen      


Those two pieces have been on my mind quite a bit lately. Right now I just seem to need God's comfort; some reassurance that He's in control and knows what He's doing. Life is too crazy for me to try to work it all out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home