Gideon's Fleece
So I am putting my fleece before God. In Judges 6:36-40, Gideon asked God to let him know, once and for all, what He wanted him to do. Should he attack, or not? Would God deliver the Midianites and Amalekites into his hand, or not? What should he do?I've been wondering for some time what God wants me to do with my life ... who He wants me to marry ... what job He wants me to pursue ... how I can best serve Him, according to His plan. What does God want?
Albeit I have wrestled with this for some time, I feel reasonably certain that I am to remain at PRBI for the time being, studying God's Word. I believe that God has some things He wants to teach me, before I do anything else. But what about next year? I've never planned on spending more than a year at PRBI.
Yet, I have no idea what it is that I want to do for the rest of my life. I know that God has given me a deep passion for others, espeically youth. I know that my life will be spent somewhere in service to Him, be it overseas or here in North America. I terribly want something that includes both the study of science and the study of emotions. I want to be a deep help to others. There are only two questions that linger: what job would fulfill these desires of mine, and how do I go about getting that job?
To go to university, or not to go to university: that is the question for me. And so, I have put my fleece before God, so to speak. I have given God a date, and a certain amount of money that I need. If God wants me to go to university, He must give me some sort of assurance that He will provide for my first semester, and continue to do so throughout the second.
Please pray for me, as I continue to trust God with this fleece of mine.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home